Unique, fan-shaped leaves turn a stunning yellow color in the fall. It can tolerate many urban conditions including heat, air pollution, salt, and confined spaces. And it establishes easily.
Sun Requirements: Full sun to part shade, a minimum of four hours of direct, unfiltered sunlight each day.
- Simple, fan-shaped bright green leaves that are 2–3" long and just as wide.
- Provides attractive yellow fall color.
- Works well as a street tree, even in confined spaces.
- Transplants easily and establishes without difficulty.
- Yields naked seeds that are tan in color and plum-like in shape. Some complain of the mess and odor associated with the fruit of the female tree and recommend planting only male specimens. Note: since our trees were planted from seed, you may receive a female!
- Can live as long as 3,000 years.
- May grow slowly for several years after planting.
- Information adapted from the Arbor Day Foundation. Find More Information here.