Dear Friends of Chadwick Arboretum,
The Winter Solstice marks a fantastic time of year to take some time to reflect on the past year and to look towards the new year ahead. Before we get caught up in the holiday and end-of-year celebrations, we wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude to each of you for helping Chadwick Arboretum and Learning Gardens reach our goals the past year. Your support allowed us to engage around 16,000 people through:
- 25 individual group tours during the growing season
- A new monthly webinar series called Tree University (Watch for the schedule for next year’s program)
- The Spring Plant Sale Fundraiser - which also raised about $30,000 of funds to support our operations
- 13 additional in-person and virtual events, workshops, and webinars
- 2 new partnerships leading to exciting events in 2022 (watch for more details!)
Gardens can be amazing places for connections. Our volunteer crew allowed us to revamp the Annual Cultivar Trials with two different locations and treatments, create a new project focused on pollinator habitat at Arboretum North, led tours, taught Hypertufa and holiday container arrangement workshops, and kept our gardens beautiful and welcoming. A special thank you to the Master Gardener Volunteers of Franklin County who continue to lead these efforts with enthusiasm and a never-ending sense of service!
We hope to see you at our Lane Avenue Gardens on Tuesday, December 21st from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. for our annual Winter Solstice Labyrinth Walk and Conifer Tour. The hot chocolate, toasty fires, roasted chestnuts, and luminaries will warm us and light the way on this shortest day of the year!
Wishing you warmth and peace this holiday season!
Chadwick Arboretum and Learning Gardens Staff