TAKE A STEP TO END HUNGER
Join Chadwick Arboretum Volunteers and Plant a Row for the Hungry
- Grow 1 extra row of produce in your garden.
- The size of your garden does not matter – even growing in containers.
- Take care to follow COVID guidelines if heading out into the stores to purchase garden supplies. There are many ways to order online and have same-day pickup or delivery at several garden centers around Columbus.
- Harvest and bag up your produce, taking care to wash hands and sanitize sinks/surfaces/bowls your produce may touch.
- Check out OSU’s Powerpoint Presentation on Good Agricultural and Handling Practices here for lots of details! (I recommend slides 55-56.)
- Donate the produce at your local pantry. Call 614-277-2663 to find a pantry near you.
- Email Julia Wilson at Chadwick Arboretum with the amount of pounds that you donated (and a photo, if you can!)
More information on donating home grown food to the Mid-Ohio Food Collective can be found here: