Summer Internship at Chadwick Arboretum Info Session and Open House
Interested in a summer internship at Chadwick Arboretum?
Come to our Open House! On Friday, April 15 from 12 - 4 p.m., Chadwick Arboretum will host an "Open House" outside and infront of Howlett Hall to showcase this incredible internship opportuntity. Meet staff members who you would be working with, take a tours of the Learning Gardens, and come find out what we do here. In the event of rain, please visit us inside Howlett Hall, Room 152 in the Chadwick Arboretum Office.
Chadwick Arboretum Internship Overview:
Our +14-week full-time internship in public garden management can lead to continuing horticultural learning opportunities that provide hands-on mentoring in all aspects of public garden maintenance and events management for your University 60-acre arboretum!
• Design and installation of plant collections
• Curating and maintaining plant collections
• Inventory and mapping of Arboretum and campus woody plants
• Prairie management and invasive plant control
• Participating in educational and outreach events
• Tour other gardens and arboreta
• ... And much more!
Submit the following to apply on Workday:
• 1-page statement of intent (Why you want to work at Chadwick Arboretum; What skill sets you bring to the team; What skill sets you most want to develop, your passion for horticulture, etc.)
• MUST COMPLETE CFAES Scholarship Application