Spring Plant Sale Fundraiser and Auctions
The Chadwick Arboretum & Learning Gardens presents its annual Spring Plant Sale Fundraiser and Auction. Visitors can peruse a selection of about 16,000 new, unusual, and tried and true edible and ornamental plants, as well as garden planters, vendors, food trucks and even a tool sharpening service. Proceeds from the event benefit the 30-acre OSU Chadwick Arboretum, student organizations, and local businesses. Note, we accept credit cards only.
Event Schedule: (click on each day for complete schedule details)
Members Only: Thursday, 5/11/23: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Open to public: Friday, 5/12/23: 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 5/13/23: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Activity Schedule for Saturday, May 13:
- 10:00 a.m.: Learning Lab: Soil Testing to Improve Your Garden and Lawn
- 11:00 a.m.: Live Premium Tree and Shrub Auction: View our list of auction items here!
- 11:00 a.m: Learning Lab: Container Gardening
- 12:00 p.m.: Learning Lab: Guidelines and Care for Planting a Tree
All plants are chosen to provide a wide variety of time-tested and new cultivars, are of the highest quality, and with the most successful growth potential for growing conditions in Ohio. Each day of the sale will include an auction of donated trees and shrubs. Get your gardening questions answered, too, by the Franklin County Extension Master Gardener Volunteers Ask a Master Gardener Booth!
The Spring Plant Sale Fundraiser is entirely planned and operated by Chadwick Arboretum & Franklin County Master Gardener Volunteers. In 2022, about 1,000 hours were donated to help make our sale a suceessful fundraiser while providing a great educational opportunity. We hope to see you there!
- Food and Drinks: Different food trucks will be on site daily
- Bevel's Sharpening Service can sharpen your tools while you shop! (read more here)
- Find several local businesses:
- Dannaher Nursery : Rare and unusual plants
- Scioto Gardens : Locally grown, native landscape plants
- Hinton's Apiaries: Local, raw honey
- Out of the Moon Jewelry: Nature-themed Jewelry
- Pursuit of Ecological Balance: Native Plant Kits and Designs
- Horticulture Therapy: Hand painted pots and bird houes thta supports the Master Gardener Volunteer Program at Chadwick Arboretum
- Hypertufa: Handcrafted and planted hypertufa containers
- Plant Pathology Graduate Student Association: Native Plants grown by students
- Crops and Soils Club: Tomatos and peppers
This year marks the 36th anniversary of the Spring Plant Sale, first held in 1987. Annual membership to the Chadwick Arboretum costs $40 per year for a guest plus one visitor, and includes year-round education, fun events, discounts at more than 10 local garden centers, and free or discounted entrance into many American Horticultural Society Public Gardens across the United States.
- There will be a port-a-potty will be on the grounds.
- Plentiful Parking is available across the street in the "Gray Lots". Please use the crosswalks when walking to the plant sale site.
- Please consider bringing a wagon to help carry your plants.
- We can only accept credit cards and all sales are final