Spring Plant Sale Fundraiser and Auction
Friends of Chadwick Preview Party: Thursday, 5/12/22: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (event information here)
Open to public: Friday, 5/13/22: 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 5/14/22: 9 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
**Checks and Credit Cards Only**
Premium Tree and Shrub Auctions:
Thursday, May 12 begins: 4 pm (Silent Auction)
Friday, May 13 starts: 4 p.m. (Live Auction)
Saturday, May 14 starts: 10 a.m. (Live Auction)
View our extensive plant list here.
The Chadwick Arboretum & Learning Gardens presents its annual Spring Plant Sale and Auction. Visitors can peruse a selection of 11,000 new, unusual, and tried and true edible and ornamental plants, as well as garden planters and a tool sharpening vendor. Proceeds from the event benefit the 40-acre OSU Chadwick Arboretum and public learning garden and OSU student organizations.
All plants are chosen to provide a wide variety of time-tested and new cultivars, of the highest quality, and with the most successful growth potential for growing conditions in Ohio. Each day of the sale will include an Auction of donated trees, shrubs and other horticultural products. Chadwick Arboretum Horticulturists and the Franklin County Extension Master Gardener Volunteers will answer garden related questions.
Alongside a wide variety of perennials and annuals, vegetables and herbs, visitors will find colorful hanging baskets, and both empty and pre planted hypertufa planters. Ohio State University student horticulturist organizations will sell vegetables and the Plant Pathology Graduate Students Association will offer highly sought after native plants. The BLM group will offer begonias. The Horticulture Therapy Team will offer their unique painted pots and decorative bird houses.
- Food and Drinks: Different food trucks will be on site daily, including
- J Pops handcrafted popsicles: Friday and Saturday, 12 - 2 p.m.
- McGinnis Grill gourmet sandwiches: Friday afternoon
- Donna's Delicious Donuts: Saturday morning
- Bevel's Sharpening Service will be on site Friday and Saturday - bring your tools for sharpening while you shop! (read more here)
- Dannaher Nursery : Rare and unusual plants
- Scioto Gardens : Locally grown, native landscape plants
- Big Yellow Bags: Black garden soil
- Hinton's Apiaries: Local, raw honey
- Karen's Photography: Nature Photography from local photographer, Karen English
- Horticulture Therapy: Hand painted pots and bird houes thta supports the Master Gardener Volunteer Program at Chadwick Arboretum
- Hypertufa: Handcrafted and planted hypertufa containers
- BLMBegonias and Central Ohio Begonia Association: Unique and various selections of begonias
- Plant Pathology Graduate Student Association: Native Plants
- Crops and Soils Club: Tomatos and peppers
- Public facilities: A Port-a-Potty will be on the grounds
- No Pets Allowed: Please leave your furry companions at home.
- Please use crosswalks
- Checks and Credit Cards Only
This year marks the 35th anniversary of the Spring Plant Sale, first held in 1987. Annual membership to the Chadwick Arboretum costs $40 per year for a guest plus one visitor, and includes year-round education, fun events, discounts at more than 10 local garden centers, and free or discounted entrance into many American Horticultural Society Public Gardens across the United States.