OSU Chadwick Arboretum & Learning Gardens
The OSU Chadwick Arboretum & Learning Gardens has many beautiful gardens in its three locations on the agriculture campus in Columbus, Ohio. Because of our colorful and diverse plant collections and many scenic pockets in our gardens we frequently receive requests to hold weddings in our gardens.
Currently, however, we aren’t staffed to coordinate these events. Likewise, our bathroom facilities are closed on the weekends when weddings are typically scheduled. And finally, since these are public gardens that are visited each day of the year, we can’t guarantee a private event.
That said, you are welcome to hold your event here, and we ask you and your family to follow these guidelines:
- Inform the Arboretum of your intended wedding date and preferred garden location by calling 614-688-3479 or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. It is possible that the Arboretum could have scheduled a public event (Plant Sale, Open House, Garden Dedication, etc.) at the same date and time, and the Arboretum maintains preference in such cases.
- Unless a valid OSU parking tag is displayed, parking is available through the Pay-n-Display Machines, which are found in most parking lots on campus. Deposit enough money (coin or credit card) to cover your time on campus. The machine will dispense a display ticket; put this on the driver’s side of the dashboard. Rates are $1 per hour; $3 weekend flat fee; $3 weekday evening (6pm-12am) flat fee.
- There isn’t public access to restrooms or preparation rooms on the weekends.
- Tables and chairs should be brought to the site at the time of the event, and then removed at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- All trash needs to be removed from the site and taken to a nearby dumpster at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Please don’t pick flowers or otherwise disturb the plantings in the gardens.
- A donation to the gardens is appreciated. Suggested donation is $100.
Enjoy your day!